Saturday, August 29, 2015

September 12 x 12 Sampler - Framed Art

Still a learning curve... I typed this up and thought I scheduled it for Saturday or Sunday... I think I forgot to hit the "publish" button... oh well!

These 12 x 12 Samplers are one of my most popular classes!  Basically you purchase one frame, find a great place in your home or office to display... and each month you come and stamp a new Sampler to switch out and display at home!
Here is what we made this month to display in September:

The project is 12 x 12 - background is Garden Green, then there's an 8 1/2" square of Delightful Dijon, then the 8 1/8" square of Very Vanilla. Each of the 9 squares are 2 1/4" bases, here I used Real Red and Garden Green, then there is a 2" layer of either Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla or Garden Green.  And then... comes the fun embellishments!  We use lots of punch art, making 9 squares that keep with the monthly theme - Last year's September Sampler had a touch of "Back to School" (see previous post here somewhere... not hard to find, there's only 4 total... hah!)

 

You can see we use lots of punches when we make these samplers, which is why it's a great class to attend... it would be $100's of dollars to purchase all the punches you need for a project like this....


My cute scarecrow was everyone's favorite square this month!  We used the biggest oval punch for his hat and head, Heart Border punch for cheeks, 7/8" scallop for "shirt collar" , Tree Builder punch for the little bird on his hat (we free hand cut the longer beak to look like a crow) , The Fringe Scissors worked great to make the hair... and those "eyeballs"... Too cool!  It's white circles punched with the Owl Punch, then we colored the largest pearl with a black Sharpie!  Stitches on his scrap nose and his mouth were freehanded with a Basic Black Marker -   I love how he turned out...

  I've gotten lots of requests in the past for me to offer these Samplers as Kits in the Mail ... I've posted many samples on my Facebook Page  go take a look!  .... Let's get some comments and see if there's enough interest in "Kits in the Mail"     FYI-  We're not allowed to sell stamped images, so the kit would include the punch pieces, squares, etc ... everything BUT the stamped images.

WOO HOO!  I did it... another blog post!  Maybe this is really gonna happen!  It's kinda fun... but I'm a bit chatty... you should have seen how much I typed... and deleted.... LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment